Friday, April 1, 2011

And I was hooked

I have to admit...this blogging thing is so overwhelming to me right now. It shouldn't be. How hard can it be to simply do a daily post with pics? But for some reason, maybe it's because I am learning so much right now about how to post ANYTHING, it all just seems so hard and immensely time consuming. Oh, well. So be it. I hope I can get some really patient followers as I learn:)

Anyway, here's what started it all with me. I found this old broken down solid wood stereo cabinet for $6 at Goodwill back about a year ago and my hubby thought I'd lost my mind when he saw it in the garage:
 It was in rough shape with nails holding in one of the "sliding" doors and a corner chewed off. The pics don't do it justice. All I could think was for $6 I'll take my chances. Worse case scenario...it ends up at the curb with the trash. I could just picture an awesome toy chest/book case, TV console, buffet, etc. So, I did a little work to it.
And this is what I ended up with.

Sorry folks. No glamour shots. It dawned on me as I was posting I didn't take any "afters", so I went running in and was informed the MEN weren't taking a break from "World's Dumbest" so I could have a photo shoot. They were laughing too hard. Go figure. Anyway, thus the beautiful shots.


I took the doors off and did some repair, sanded it down, and painted. I then hinged the doors, put pulls on, and magnetic latches. For now, it sits in the family room with my hubby's ginormous flat screen on it, movies/PS3 games on one side, magazines on the other. You wouldn't believe the amount of storage in this baby! I still want to glam it up some but I took a break when I couldn't find the small half-rounds I wanted to finish it up. I'll get to it and show you posts eventually.

So, I was hooked. I was so excited to have new furniture for only $6!!!! Tomorrow I'll share what that led to...a hubby nervous breakdown. Just kidding (sort-of).
Ms. Bee

8 comments:

  1. I prefer the after shots with 'Worlds Dumbest' truly I do!!! I love personal moments in these kinds of posts, they make you stand out! Your blog looks lovely, thanks for inviting me over to see it! I really like the simplicity of the design and pretty color palette. Look at you go girl! You'll be a pro in no time.

    xo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. Your project turned out great. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job!! Welcome to Blog Land!! :) I found you from a CG tweet. As new as you are to blogging I am super new to tweeting..today was my first! I am happy to be your newest follower!! My site is down right now due to construction but should be up in the next few hours - pop over for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your personal writing style. I think you nailed it off the bat! I was pretty stilted my first posts but I'm warming up.
    Sounds like you should've been doing this awhile ago with all your many projects;)
    -Bethanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That media cabinet (and your brand new blog) both looks great! I'm so glad you decided to jump in and you're going to have a blast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! I had to laugh when you mentioned husband nervous breakdown. Maybe the men of all us creative, inventive, thrift shopping furniture revisioning women need a support group. It can't be easy seeing what we drag home -haa-haa-haa, but they ALWAYS enjoy the end result. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. and you painted it white...how clever...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog to shop different type of furniture such as furniture london, london contemporary furniture
    and many more...

    ReplyDelete

One of the highlights of each day is hearing from my readers!

Follow Me on Pinterest